Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Speak Someone's Name to God

Today I talked with a very good friend. And she shared with me of a heartache a friend of hers is going through. And I was reminded of how many are really hurting. I think my life is hard. I think I have problems. And it is, and I do. But there are others out there who are hurting so much more than me--who's hurts tonight are literally taking their very breath away. And God has laid on my heart a passion for those people--those women--for what they are facing. That passion right now is just to pray for them. To lift up their brokenness before God and nothing else. Tonight I did just that. I lifted up three of these women in prayer. I pictured each one before the Throne. And as I did I felt deeply for where they are in their journeys of grief. My heart aches for these women. For a hurt I have only shared on a much smaller level.

I hope everyone who reads this will take the time to pray fervently for someone who is hurting in a way they can't even imagine. It is easy to get caught up in my life with all the rushing and chaos and deadlines and busyness. But I hope God continues to lay these women, and other women like them, on my heart to be lifted to Him. It is hard on some level because I can rarely do so without blinking back tears. But I think that's how it's supposed to be. So I'm just wondering if there's someone who's tears you are sharing in--someone you're crying for--or crying out for? I hope so. I hope those of us who are not currently facing such heartwrenching circumstances are trying to share in someone else's burden some way, somehow.

And for those of you who read this who are feeling that hurt--who are facing a road of grief that is gripping--I pray that there is someone out there lifing your heart in prayer when you feel unable to do so yourself. And if you're not sure, please leave a comment here (annonymous if you'd like) and know someone will be praying from this point forward.

Really, what higher calling is there than to simply speak someone's name to God?

No comments:

Post a Comment