Thursday, March 25, 2010

James Says it All

Not sure really what to say tonight. Hurting deeply for others who are hurting deeply. Struggling with really old baggage. Wanting to feel the nearness of the Lord moreso than I do right now. Realizing that to draw near to Him is for Him to draw near to me.

In typing this just now I wanted to look up the verse about drawing near to God and Him drawing near to me. I found it in James and found it interesting that the passage speaks directly to each of the issues I listed above (in order even!)--funny how that happens sometimes.

James 4:7, 8 (my comments are italicized within the text below)
"Submit yourselves, then, to God (the hurts I am feeling for others center around accepting God's doings in other people's lives--or at times, His not-doings the way I would want Him to). Resist the devil, and he will flee from you (Hmm . . . this speaks a LOT to the old baggage stuff that's rearing its ugly head). Come near to God and he will come near to you (so THAT'S how to feel His nearness moreso than I do now . . . could He have been any clearer on this one?)."

That's all I have right now. I hope to post soon on some interesting and very spiritually-challenging reading I've started lately.

No comments:

Post a Comment